The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) 2010
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as the “PDPA”), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to H.I.S. Travel (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. (hereinafter referred to as “H.I.S. Travel”, “our”, “us” or “we”). This written notice (“Notice“) is issued pursuant to the requirements of the PDPA. For the purposes of this written Notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the same meaning as prescribed in the PDPA.
This Notice serves to inform you how your personal data will be processed and managed by H.I.S. Travel Malaysia.
Personal Data We May Collect from You
We collect information about you in connection with your booking, use, purchase or inquiries about our services. The personal data includes but not limited to the following:
- Date of Birth;
- Home address or correspondence address;
- Payment details, including credit card and banking information;
- Contact details, including contact name, telephone number or email address;
- Information for the verification of identity, identity card number or passport number;
- Photos, Videos;
- Dietary requirements;
- Medical reports/records or information relevant to your travel arrangements;
- Travel Details, including:
- o Flight information – flight number, arrival and departure time;
- o Intended check-in and check-out dates;
- o Number of rooms required;
- o Pick-up and drop-off dates & time;
- o Number of passengers;
- o Name (s), date(s) of birth, nationality, gender, telephone number, email address, passport number of all passengers.
How we use your Personal Data
The personal data collected from you shall be used for the following purposes:
- Book your travel, tours, cruise and related products and services;
- Organize events, meetings and exhibitions;
- Prepare itineraries and invoices and process transactions;
- Communicate with you about our products and services;
- Provide customer service and support;
- Provide updates, analyze trends and site usage; to enhance our marketing and promotional efforts;
- Improve our content, service and product offerings;
- For daily operation and administration of services and facilities in relation to the products provided to you;
- For any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
Kindly respond to us if you do not consent to the use of your personal data for receiving H.I.S. Travel Malaysia marketing materials and services. We will then proceed to remove these details from our systems.
You acknowledge and agree to the terms and conditions of the Notice and consent to the use of your personal data in the manner and for the purposes stipulated in the Notice.
Issued : 29/10/2018