You can use the JR Kansai Hokuriku Area Pass for unlimited travel on designated train and bus lines (including shinkansen and limited express trains) in the Kansai Region, Hokuriku Region and Okayama for 7 consecutive days. It mostly combines the coverage areas of the Kansai Wide Area Pass and Hokuriku Area Pass into a single pass.
Kansai-Hokuriku Area Pass is valid for unlimited travel in the valid area on the map
Valid trains are below:
- Bullet Train “SANYO SHINKANSEN” (Shin-Osaka⇔Okayama)(available for the reserved seat ticket)
- The pass can be used for the Hello Kitty Shinkansen.
- Bullet Train “HOKURIKU SHINKANSEN” (Kanazawa⇔Joetsu-Myoko)(available for the reserved seat ticket)
- Express Trains (HARUKA, THUNDERBIRD, KUROSHIO, KOUNOTORI, SUPER HAKUTO (Kyoto⇔Kamigori), etc.) (available for the reserved seat ticket )
- A separate fare is required for traveling on SUPER HAKUTO (Kamigori⇔Tottori) and SUPER INABA (Kamigori⇔Tottori)
- Special Rapid Services, Rapid Services, and Local trains on JR-WEST
- The pass is only valid on WEST JAPAN JR BUS route buses within the valid area.
- The pass cannot be used on expressway buses.
WEST JAPAN JR buses route-For more information, please click here
These trains below cannot be used
- Bullet Train “HOKURIKU SHINKANSEN” (Joetsu-Myoko⇔Tokyo)
- Bullet Train “TOKAIDO SHINKANSEN” (Shin-Osaka⇔Tokyo)
- Bullet Train “SANYO SHINKANSEN” (Okayama⇔Hakata)
- Not valid for the IR Ishikawa Railway or the Ainokaze Toyama Railway.
- As a special exception, the pass can be used for the Himi, Johana, or Nanao lines only if the pass-holder does not alight from the IR Ishikawa Railway (Kanazawa⇔Tsubata) or the Ainokaze Toyama Railway (Takaoka⇔Toyama).